Ideal for a wide range of photographers from first-time digital SLR users to veteran photo enthusiasts, the new Canon EOS Rebel XS camera is designed to embody what you have come to expect from the EOS Rebel series — a fast, non-intimidating, lightweight, easy-to-use camera that produces excellent images and starts emerging photographers off on the right foot. Immediately, photographers will take notice of the camera’s Optical Image Stabilized kit lens for crisp focus, compensating for camera shake from unsteady hands or a moving vehicle. The new Rebel model also incorporates Canon’s DIGIC III image processor, 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensor, Live View, Auto Lighting Optimizer, 7-point wide-area autofocus (AF) sensor and 3.0 frames per second continuous JPEG burst rate where the number of consecutive shots in a burst is only limited by the capacity of the flash memory card in the camera.
- 10.1-megapixel CMOS sensor captures enough detail for poster-size, photo-quality prints
- Large 2.5-inch LCD display; includes Canon’s EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens
- DIGIC III image processor provides fast, accurate image processing; Live View Function
- EOS Integrated Cleaning system and Canon-designed Self Cleaning Sensor Unit, plus Dust Delete Data Detection in included software
- Stores images on SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)